Carlson fish oil – like all pure fish oil – has many health benefits, and you will find that taking fish oil supplements like Carlsons fish oil is a great way to go (go to the bottom of this page to read the Carlson fish oil review and other fish oil reviews).
This fish oil review will help you to realize that the fish oil benefits are amazing, and you can give your body a fighting chance against pretty much everything by taking these fish oil capsules.
Everyone has heard all about fish oil, but the thought of eating something oily and fishy may be completely repulsive to you. Many people probably have those memories of their mother sticking a spoonful of something slimy and awful down their throat when they were younger, and those repressed memories are probably bubbling to the surface with the mention of fish oil.
Don’t worry: it’s not all so bad as that. In fact, you will find that the fish oil standards of today ensures that only the best fish oil is sold in stores, so you don’t have to worry about icky stuff going down your throat.
If you can get over your preconceived ideas about fish oil and read the fish oil reviews below, you can bet your boots that your body will thank you for it.
How to Find Pure Fish Oil
When it comes to buying fish oil, rest assured that you want to find pure fish oil. In fact, finding the “purest” fish oil is important, as the purity of the oil is what makes it healthy for you.
Remember that the ocean is the site of a lot of dumping by humankind, and thus much of the ocean is contaminated by pollution and heavy metals.
The purest fish oil will be the stuff that contains the least pollution, as the purity label is a mark that the fish oil has been cleaned up as much as possible.
Don’t know how to find the best fish oil for you? Here are three things to look for when shopping around for fish oil products:
- 1. Check the Label
Most companies that make high quality fish oil are proud to display the “pure” label in giant capitalized letters, and you will likely be able to read it immediately on the label the moment you pick up the bottle.
If you are buying it online, you will want to do some research into the contents of the bottle. The most important thing is to find a fish oil product that says “purified” or “pure”, as these are good indications that it is high quality oil without all the chemicals or toxins.
- 2. Buy it Properly
Many people try to take the shortcut and buy their fish oil from an online company that sells it at “amazingly cheap prices”.
Could the fact that the prices are so cheap be an indication that the website is selling oil that is less than the best? If you are going to buy fish oil, buy it either directly from the manufacturer or from a reputable health food store in your area.
Try to avoid buying it from sites that you don’t know about, and always make sure to do research on a product even before buying it in a store.
- 3. Read the Ingredients
If there are harmful ingredients in the fish oil, you have the right to know. You want to be certain that the fish oil is made from salmon or other smaller fish, and not from larger fish like shark.
Even farm-raised salmon can be dangerous, so your goal is to get the oil that is made from the fish that swim in cold, deep waters.
Make sure that you read the label and do a bit of research on any ingredients or types of fish you don’t recognize.
Seem like a lot of work?
It is, but it is the only way to ensure that you get the best quality of pure fish oil. If you don’t get the pure stuff, it may contain chemicals and toxins that can do more harm than good, which is why it is so important that you do research into the best products for you according to the quality of the product.
Fish Oil Health Benefits
Everyone knows that fish oil has lots of benefits, but what are these fish oil health benefits that people keep raving on about?
Here are a few for your consideration:
- Fights Depression – Did you know that depression is believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain, as the brain cannot produce enough chemicals to feed to that part of your brain that controls your emotions.
However, fish oil is great for dealing with emotional problems like depression, as it contains the fatty acids your brain (which happens to be made out of fat) needs to function properly. Just giving your brain more of these fatty acids can help to fight depression.
- Reduces Cholesterol – There are two types of cholesterol that you need to watch out for: triglycerides and LDL cholesterol. Fish oil is incredibly effective at dealing with the triglycerides, and you can lower them significantly by taking fish oil.
However, the supplement also helps to decrease your bad LDL cholesterol and increase the good HDL cholesterol that is trying to maintain good levels of the other two forms of cholesterol.
- Prevents Joint Pain – For those of you out there who have problems with joint pain caused by any kind of arthritis or swelling, fish oil may be just what you need.
After all, the fish oil contains amazing anti-inflammatory properties that will help to keep the swelling of your joints under control. Controlling your swelling means that you will be able to move pain-free, making fish oil a great choice if you have arthritis.
- Stimulates Mental Abilities – Remember how the fatty acids in the fish oil feed the brain and keep it nourished? Not only can it help to keep your emotional conditions stable, but the fatty acids will actually help to stimulate the mental abilities of children.
That’s right, fish oil can help to prevent ADD, reduce the risk of hyperactivity, improve concentration, and help the children to focus better. Sounds too good to be true, but it’s amazing what a bit of brain food can do.
However, there are certain complications of giving children fish oil, so make sure to consult your doctor before feeding your children this health supplement.
- Improves Vision – When you have poor eyesight, it is usually due to the fact that the cells in your eyes are breaking down. After all, you were born with perfect eyesight, but the decay of your eye’s cells is causing your vision to blur.
The good thing about fish oil is that it is an excellent antioxidant, meaning that it helps to prevent the cells in your body from breaking down. This includes the cells of your eyes, and the fish oil can stop you eye’s cells from degenerating and can actually improve their condition.
Isn’t it amazing what just a bit of oil can do?
Further Benefits of Fish Oil Supplements
Don’t think that those few benefits of fish oil supplements are the only ones, but there are many more.
Some of the fish oil supplements benefits below are only suspected or believed, while others of them have been medically proven:
- Helps improve skin condition – The improvement of your skin condition is brought about by the fatty acids in the fish oil, as the fatty acids help to hydrate your skin, fight off wrinkles, prevent your skin from drying out, and keeps it elastic and healthy.
It can protect you against UV damage, prevent acne, and give your skin a young and healthy look.
- Helps you to lose weight – Did you know that fish oil can be an effective supplement to take if you are trying to lose weight, as the oil helps to prevent your body from producing fat cells.
It can actually kill off the fat cells, thus helping your diet and your exercise program to be much more effective than it would be on your own.
- Helps prevent post-partum depression – All forms of depression can be dealt with using fish oil, though it is usually taken alongside other medications.
Just getting your brain the food it needs can help to restore a healthy balance, and post partum depression is just one of the few disorders that can be deterred by fish oil.
- Helps prevent your muscles from being sore – Anyone who has ever done a good workout knows what it’s like to have sore muscles, and this soreness is caused by the fact that your muscles are swollen as they try to repair themselves.
Taking fish oil can help to reduce the swelling, thus reducing the soreness.
- Helps prevent heart problems – Fish oil is great for thinning out your blood, which is important if you have high blood pressure or other heart problems.
Fish oil is actually one of the most highly recommended supplements for those with heart disorders, and you can fight off all manner of problems with this amazing oil.
- Helps slow or prevent cancer growth – Cancer usually spreads pretty fast, but the fish oil can help to prevent the cancerous cells in your body from spreading and infecting other organs.
It can actually stop the growth of the cancer cells, or can work alongside other medications to help deal with it and prevent it from becoming worse.
Wow, the benefits of fish oil supplements just keep increasing, and there are many more benefits that scientists believe to be caused by fish oil but just haven’t done enough research to absolutely prove beyond doubt, YET…
Fish Oil Capsules are A Better Choice When It Comes to Taste
Many people wonder why they should suck down the fishy liquid, as it tastes pretty awful and wreaks havoc with their digestive system.
If you aren’t interested in spooning the oily stuff down your throat, you may want to consider the fish oil capsules instead of the liquid.
Not only is the oil inside the capsules easier for your body to process, but the capsules that hold the fish oil make the product palatable. If you want to actually enjoy this supplement, you may want to check out the capsules instead the liquid. It is just as effective, and far more pleasant.
The Truth About Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil
Many people see the label “pharmaceutical grade fish oil” and they think “Man, that stuff has to be good!”
However, the truth of the matter is that there really is no pharmaceutical label on the stuff, but it just means that the fish oil is good enough to be sold by doctors and pharmacies.
It is excellent fish oil that has been distilled and refined to the point of absolute excellence, but it has absolutely nothing to do with pharmaceutical companies whatsoever.
How Much Fish Oil is Good for Me?
Now that you know how awesome fish oil is, you are no doubt thinking “Well, why don’t I start taking some?”
Hold up there, friend, and wait a minute. Do you know how much fish oil to take, the recommended Getting Your Fish Oil Dosage Right:? Do you know how often to take it? Have you checked with your doctor?
As with most concentrated natural products, fish oil does have side effects, so make sure to check with your healthcare provider before trying it. Once he has given you the green light, you can start taking the supplement.
But “How much fish oil is good for me?”
- Pregnant women should stick with a lower dosage per day, usually between 500 and 1000 milligrams per day (remember to consult your doctor first).
- Children older than 5 may want to start small with only 300 milligrams to be sure there are no negative side effects (remember to consult your doctor first).
- Healthy adults should take between 500 and 1000 milligrams per day, though you can take more once your body has gotten used to the product.
- Those with heart problems should take no less than 1000 milligrams of the stuff every day, but you may go up as high as 4000 milligrams if your doctor recommends it.
Don’t take too much, but be sure to take enough that you can actually see the benefits of the fish oil.
What are the Highest International Fish Oil Standards
There are a few things that make your fish oil supplements “quality” according to international fish oil standards:
- All CRN/WHO tests are passed
- The concentration of Omega 3 is 60% or more
- The levels of oxidation are lower than 75%
- The levels of PCB are lower than 50%
- The levels of Dioxin are lower than 50%
If the fish oil meets these standards, it passes the test and is considered quality.
Should I Try Distilled Fish Oil?
Molecularly distilled fish oil is a special product that has been treated using a special process that removes all the harmful chemicals and toxins.
It can ensure that the fish oil that you are taking is completely safe, but it also means that the fish oil is no longer in its natural form. Fish oil should be pure and natural, but the distilled fish oil comes with the benefit of being completely free of all toxins and heavy metals. The choice is yours…
Carlson Fish Oil: The Beauty of Carlsons Fish Oil
Carlson fish oil is one of the most commonly found brands of the stuff, and Carlson fish oil has become one of the top selling products for a number of reasons.
One of the main reasons is that Carlson fish oil is fairly cheap, meaning you can stock up on a good supply of fish oil capsules and liquid without breaking the bank.
It’s not too cheap, meaning you can still rely on its being a good quality product. Overall, it comes with all the stuff you need to help you stay healthy.
Carlson Fish Oil: Fish Oil Reviews
Don’t just stick with the information on one brand of fish oil like Carlson fish oil, but read the fish oil reviews below to help you find everything you need to know on some of the top brands.
After all, only by doing your homework and looking into other brands of fish oil will you be able to find out which is the best one for you (it may be Carlson fish oil, it may not be Carlson fish oil), so read the fish oil reviews to make the choice of fish oil products easy for you:
This supplement packs more than a 60% Omega 3 punch, and it is made by one of the top Omega 3 scientists in the world.
It is very effective at dealing with inflammation and aging, and is considered a premium product.
This is a pharmaceutical grade fish oil containing Omega 3, 6, and 9, and comes in a wide range of products. They have some of the highest purity levels in Europe, and considered is just as good as the Dr. Barry product.
This is a more accessible fish oil product that is sold in supermarkets, and the gel capsules are very affordable while still providing you with all the benefits of fish oil.
Want to learn more about different brands of fish oil beside the Carlson fish oil and the brands mentioned above?
Check out the Best Fish Oil page to find out what you want to know…
What Would You Like to Read Now After This Article on Carlson Fish Oil?
Articles related to this one about Carlson fish oil.
Getting Your Fish Oil Dosage Right: How Much Fish Oil You Should Take
About the Nature Made Fish Oil Supplement and 18 Fascinating Health Benefits of Fish Oil
The Broad Health Benefits of Fish Oil: Fish Oil Benefits Take Care of Your Body as a Whole
9 Powerful Health Benefits of Fish Oil Thanks to the Wonder of Omega 3
Guide to the Best Fish Oil Supplement: Finding the Purest, Freshest and Richest Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements
Review of the Best Fish Oil Supplements: The Importance of Fish Oil Comparison
All About Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil: How to Go Beyond Market Interests and Finding the Purest Supplement
Benefits of Fish Oil for Dogs: All About Healthy Omega 3 Dog Food Supplements
17 Fish Oil Side Effects of Taking Too Much Fish Oil or Too Poor a Quality of Fish Oil
The 9 Powerful Benefits of Fish Oil Pills and How to Find the Cleanest and Purest Supplement
How Fish Oil Tablets and Supplements May Improve Your Heart Health and Overall Well-being
Go to the top of this article about Carlson Fish Oil
Go from this Carlson fish oil page to the homepage Best Fish Oil Benefits and Supplements